Followers

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A New Start

I made a new blog. You may be asking why (you may not be, but keep that to yourself) but the old one was getting rusty and I wanted something new. A LOT has changed since I last saw you. I mean I am in a serious relationship with a woman that I love, I am the happiest I have been in a long time, I have a strong relationship with God, I have done plenty more theater (duh!) and most importantly -- I grew up. That last one has been a doozy, I tell ya, life doesn't come with a manual but if it did it would say that growing up sucks. I mean no one tells you all the extras that come with growing up, do they? Registering your car, registering to vote, wearing underwear... it's all very cumbersome isn't it? Oh well, "C'est la Vie" and "Che Sera Sera" and all the other foreign phrases we say when we come to an impasse about our impending adulthood.

Oh, how I wish this existed.


I googled "How to make an Awesome new blog" before I made this one and it all sounded so complicated. I mean look at the screen capture of a site below. It's too much so I am just keeping it simple. I did make what I thought was a cool header... a little big, but it gets the job done.
Why do I need a niche? Can't I be me? YOU DON'T KNOW ME
You may also be asking "Porter/JP/Jacob/Any-Other-Name-You-Have-Come-To-Call-Me, how do you know you have grown up, what makes you think you are qualified to make that call?" and I would probably respond with "Rude, why are you so condesending?" but in all seriousness as stupid as it sounds I knew it when my priorities changed. I don't want the same things I wanted a while ago, I used to want to have a good time, and while that is still important I now want more positive interactions with other people. I want solid relationships with the people around me, is that so much? I am trying a new tactic on this front and it has been going so well that I think it'll be a permanent weapon in my arsenal of friendship (Ironic statement) and that new weapon is to be more interested in others and less interested in yourself. Sounds simple, but to be genuinely interested in the people you interact with is hard work. I mean some people are so boring you would rather army crawl naked through the medical waste dumpster outside the hospital than interact with them longer than you have to, but I have come to realize that everyone is beautiful in their own way. Finding what makes them beautiful is the challenge. And I like challenges.

Another big reason I know I grew up is that I want to be a better person for Katie. It sounds so stupid and fleeting, but I genuinely love her more than I knew I could love a person. It just feels so right. I want to make a public announcement that I never used to be this person. I was never the person who told cutesy stories about the person I was dating. To be perfectly frank I never really cared about others this deeply. I mean Katie was sick one week and I was so worried I came down with empathetic sickness. I mean, that's not normal, at least it wasn't for me, but now I just think about her all day. It's quite pitiful actually. But I know this is a good thing. It definitely took me by surprise, I mean for those of you who don't know Katie and my story, we basically met five years ago and have been close friends most of the time, we dated before and broke up before, but I think we just needed to grow up some more before God was ready for us to be together. Well sort of, I mean I think he also separated us for the summer so I would stop taking her for granted and actually put some effort in, but that's another story (One final statement on the topic: Long Distance Sucks!) Now, it is literally the best blessing the big man upstairs has given me and for that I am thankful. (Ugh, I'm sorry, I am totally that person.... you know that guy who just talks about his girlfriend, don't worry, I'll keep it in check.)

I also have worked on two shows the summer. One has closed, All Shook Up, and the other opens at the beginning of the school year, Vincent in Brixton. All Shook Up was at the Scera and was one of my favorite characters I have ever played. I was Dennis, the eternal best guy who was always stuck in the friend-zone. He was such a blast. The cast and crew were fun to work with and I have made some great friends from the experience. Not mention I got some great reviews lets take a look:

I was pretty excited.
But look at this comment on the theater's webpage... I couldn't help but respond....
Please tell me I am a little better looking!

Alright! Whatever! I guess I see it a little. Does this mean I can have my own sitcom too?
The other show I am Stage Managing. And I am so happy about the cast and director. So far they have been a dream to work with, all six of them! (I know, I am pretty lucky to only have to worry about six people) This show is going to be amazing. The acting is superb and the direction is top notch, and you should come see it in the fall. There will even be live cooking! RIGHT?!

Let's see, what else to talk about? Hmm... I don't think there was anything else (If there is, I'll just post another post) But thank you for taking the time to read, and if no one is reading at least it is out in the universe. One last thing: I won't make any promises about blogging more, because I am still me and I will still forget, but hopefully I have more things to write and I am forced to blog again. Until next time, folks!

Don't Forget to "Follow" the new blog!






2 comments:

  1. I love you and have been so happy to get to see all these changes take place. You're an amazing person and I am so glad to call you ny friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are way better looking than Drew Carey!

    ReplyDelete